Friday 7 March 2014

Himachal Pradesh all-rounder Rishi Dhawan, who was bought by Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) for INR 3 crore at the 2014 players’ auction, is eye impressive performances in the forthcoming Indian Premier League (IPL) to stake a claim for national selection.

Dhawan, who became the second-most costliest buy at the auction after Railways all-rounder Karn Sharma (INR 3.75 cr), believes his fine show for KXIP will act as a “stepping stone” to get ready for a maiden call-up into the Indian team.

“I have done well in the domestic circuit this season. I believe my good showing in the IPL will act as a stepping stone to get into the Indian team. I am looking ahead to this year’s IPL to further prove my experience,” Dhawan told PTI.

The young pacer from Mandi finished as the highest wicket-taker in the Ranji Trophy this year with 49 scalps.

0 comments:

Post a Comment