Thursday 3 April 2014

Off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin feels that winning all four-matches within the cluster stage at the Sher-e-Bangla National sports stadium can provide Bharat some edge however admits that the semi-final against South Africa may be anybody’s game.

On the eve of Friday’s semi-final, Ashwin, Man of the Match within the last 2 Indian wins, same whoever plays well can win the match.

“We apprehend what to expect from this ground and also the pitch however, of course, once it comes all the way down to the semi-final, it’s anybody’s game,” same Ashwin.

“Whoever plays well thereon specific day can have the advantage. But yes, we tend to do hold a grip, having contend such a large amount of games here. we all know what to expect,” he added.

Ashwin same the rationale behind his and leggie Amit Mishra‘s success within the Twenty20 league is as a result of they're not fearful of giving enough ball to the air.

“Once you’ve planned what you’re about to do at the highest of your mark, it’s terribly laborious to vary unless you pause at the tip. In terms of variation of pace, you wish plenty of guts. If you’re at the highest of your game, you'll be able to land the ball precisely wherever you would like it to land. however excluding that, to truly slow the ball down once the batsman’s going once you could be a key part of this specific game, that you wish quite ton of guts,” he emphasized.

Ashwin same that in Twenty20 it desires plenty of guts for the bowlers to come back back powerfully once being hit for a six.

“And if you’ve gone for a six, it needs even additional guts to come back back future ball. Those area unit the key elements of a winning game, as way as I’m involved,” he said.

Asked if he was snug bowling with the new ball, Ashwin said: “It’s not regarding what I’m doing or wherever I’m given the ball. I’ve been taking part in aboard Mahi [Mahendra Singh Dhoni] for a few time, and he in all probability is aware of wherever to use ME and wherever to not use ME.”

Ashwin same he was forever receptive bowling in any scenario.

“So on behalf of me it doesn’t build any distinction. within the last 2 or 3 months, I feel that I’m in all probability at the highest of my bowling game. once I reach that section, I just about don’t practise in any respect. That’s a section I’m in immediately. The ball is landing precisely wherever i would like it to,” he said.

Ashwin additionally same there was no competition between him and Mishra.

“To be extremely honest, I’ve ne'er fazed regarding who’s behind my shoulder. That’s not however I play my cricket. i feel in up daily, and that i don’t say it only for the sake of it. Unless you don’t keep up, you’re not about to last the gap. You lose out. It’s just about sort of a business model, that’s however I read it. Somebody’s behind my shoulder? they'll keep there. I’ll simply keep doing what I do best,” he said.

Ashwin additionally warned that South African spinners Imran Tahir, JP Duminy and presumably Aaron Phangiso can't be taken gently.
Categories: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment